Did You Know?
- Every afternoon over 1,200 at-risk students participate in the Miracle-Plus after-school program where we provide classes in art, music, dance and other arts disciplines. Bottom line: Miracle-Plus is making a positive difference in student grades, standardized test scores, and classroom behavior!
- The local arts community consists of 58 nonprofit cultural groups, 100+ galleries, 500+ artists & entertainers, thousands of art-lovers . . . and the United Arts Council provides services to all of them!
- Our website averages 96,000 hits per month! We collect arts information from over 500 sources and update the site daily.
- We publish 20 different brochures with arts information, and distribute over 200,000 copies annually free to the public!
- Over 750 Immokalee families have participated in our Family Art Nights.
- Over 1,000 at-risk children have participated in our Summer Art Camps in Immokalee.
- We advocate for “Cultural Tourism” because cultural tourists spend 38% more while in town and stay in hotel rooms 62% longer than other visitors.
- More than 1,200 works by local artists have been hung at Council exhibits at several venues.
- We advocate with elected officials for more funding for the arts and more arts education.